Cereal rye is a fast germinating cover crop with a deep, fibrous root system. Winter rye is a great choice following corn.
- Excellent winter-hardiness
- Very good for erosion control
- Good root depth
- Can be planted later in the fall
- Assists in weed control for subsequent crops (esp. marestail)
- Good scavenger of nutrients
Planting & Seeding information
- Soil pH: 0-7.0
- Soil adoption: Wider range of soils
- Planting depth: ¼ - ½ inch
- Planting rate: 35 lb./A
- Aerial rate: 40-50 lb./A
- Planting time: July - November
Cereal Rye is sold by a Third Party and may not be eligible for certain discounts, coupons, or free shipping.